Sunday, October 15, 2023

Probably, My Best Achievement This Year

Assalamualaikum and good day everyone.

It has been a long time I didn't post anything here. I don't know why. Probably busy and don't have mode to write.

For you who don't know, I've enrolled in the master program of process safety and loss prevention during the covid-19 in 2020. Due to the covid, all the classes were online. That was the reason why I decided to spend my money and time in this course. In the normal condition, the class is physical means I've to travel on weekend to Serdang from Pulau Pinang. I can't imagine myself do that every week. Luckly, I don't have to.

The course supposed to finish by 3 semesters or at most 4 semesters but due to the certain circumstance, I managed to finished in 6 semesters or three years. It is worth it especially when I've spent hours in self-learning of simulation software and many errors in coding before the simulation can be successfully executed and get the result that I need. Not only I managed to get best presenter award during poster presentation, but also get A for the project that carried 10 credits. But most importantly, the project that I have done was significant to me and probably to other people. The achievement of completing project with the best possible result is so satisfying for me.


Certificate for Best Presenter and My 'A' result.

My project was the fire simulation in tunnel, in this case specifically Meru-Menora Tunnel located in Ipoh, Perak and its effect to user. I used to pass through the tunnel on monthly basis due to the work and I always wondering what happened if the fire occurs inside the tunnel during peak hour or festive season when the traffic is congested and slow. Will the safety system in the tunnel good enough to handle the fire? What will happen to the user? how about if the source of fuel is huge? That what inspired me to this project and to get my answer.

The tunnel was built in 1980 and probably at time nobody will imagine the traffic will be like today. There no emergency line inside and closed to tunnel. That the reason if accident occur near the tunnel, the emergency services (ambulance, bomba) will take hour to reach there during the peak traffic. Imagine if the fire inside the tunnel come from huge source of fuel? Will emergency services will have enough time to save users if there are trapped inside the tunnel? Will the user have enough time to escape from the tunnel? Luckly, through this project I get answer and I am happy with that.

Due to the traffic condition in this tunnel, Perak government has decided to build an alternative expressway from Gopeng to Kuala Kangsar to bypass the Meru-Menora Tunnel. This will reduce the traffic congestion and reduce accident near Meru-Menaro Tunnel. The expressway is expected to start this year. The expressway will know as West Ipoh Span Expressway (WISE) Hopefully once the project completed and open to public, we will see less incident near the Meru-Menora Tunnel.



Source : GoTaiping.com


Source: WISE

Have you ever thought about this when use this tunnel? Give your comment below. Thank you.

~ Relaxslah!!! A Peacemaker, Pulau Pinang, 15 October 2023, 5:35 am

No comments: